VK has an abundance of experience and expertise in the development of every imaginable type of refrigeration and/or freezing system. This varies from direct systems like direct expansion or pump circulation to indirect systems that use a coolant/cold carrier to transfer heat.
VK has gained years of experience with various cascade systems that work with ammonia carbon dioxide (NH3-CO2). These natural coolants do not contribute directly to the greenhouse effect and yield energy savings of around 25% compared to hydro-fluorocarbons.
VK specialises in:
- Industrial refrigeration and freezing applications
- Freeze and thawing tunnels
- Vacuum cooling
- Flow-ice units
- Air treatment and air conditioning systems
- Ultra Low Oxygen (ULO) fruit storage rooms
- Production facility air treatment
- Belt, plate and spiral freezers
- Ripening rooms
- Heat and cold storage
All of our units comply with the legal requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive and all other national and European guidelines and legislation.